Published research for HEAL-D
- Moore AP, Rivas CA, Harding S, Goff LM. Misalignment: Understanding the challenge of self-management for people living with diabetes in UK Black African and Caribbean communities. Health Education Journal. 2022; 81(6): 679-692. https://doi.org/10.1177/00178969221108563
- Goff LM, Rivas C, Moore A, Beckley-Hoelscher N, Reid F, Harding S. Healthy Eating and Active Lifestyles for Diabetes (HEAL-D), a culturally tailored self-management education and support programme for type 2 diabetes in Black-British adults: a randomised controlled feasibility trial. BMJ Open Diab Res Care. 2021 ;9:e002438. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjdrc-2021-002438
- Goff LM, Moore AP, Harding S, Rivas C. Development of Healthy Eating and Active Lifestyles for Diabetes (HEAL-D), a culturally-tailored diabetes self-management education and support programme for black-British adults: a participatory research approach. Diabetic Medicine. 2021;00:e14594. https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.14594
- Goff LM, Moore AP, Harding S, Rivas C. Providing culturally sensitive diabetes self-management education and support for Black African and Caribbean communities: a qualitative exploration of the challenges experienced by healthcare practitioners in inner London. BMJ Open Diab Res Care. 2020. 8, 2, e001818. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjdrc-2020-001818.
- Moore AP, Rivas CA, Stanton-Fay S, Harding S, Goff LM. Designing the Healthy Eating and Active Lifestyles for Diabetes (HEAL-D) self-management and support programme for UK African and Caribbean communities: a culturally tailored, complex intervention under-pinned by behaviour change theory. BMC Public Health. 2019. Aug 20;19(1):1146. https://dx.doi.org/10.1186%2Fs12889-019-7411-z
- Goff LM, Moore AP, Rivas C, Harding S. Healthy Eating and Active Lifestyles for Diabetes (HEAL-D): study protocol for the design and feasibility trial, with process evaluation, of a culturally-tailored diabetes self-management programme for African-Caribbean communities. BMJ Open. 2019. Mar 1;9(2):e023733. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-023733.
- Lowry S, Goff L, Irwin S, Brady O, Curran N, Lelliott Z, Sevdalis N, Walker A. Mixed-methods implementation study of a virtual culturally tailored diabetes self-management programme for African and Caribbean communities (HEAL-D) in south London and its scaling up across NHS regions in England: study protocol. BMJ Open 2022;12:e067161. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2022-067161
- Wadi NM, Asantewa-Ampaduh S, Rivas C, Goff LM. Culturally tailored lifestyle interventions for the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes in adults of Black African ancestry: a systematic review of tailoring methods and their effectiveness. Public Health Nutrition. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1368980021003682.